Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

any

Quote from: markm on July 20, 2006, 08:05:51 PM
Very Unique Dano!
Great Job.
I finally finished this one.................

what circuit is in there?  :icon_cool:
It's supposed to sound that way.

markm

GEEZ!
I hope you guys WILL let me stay here and don't send me packing with Ferric Chloride in hand!
Thanks for the encouraging compliments guys,  :icon_redface:

Quote from: any on July 21, 2006, 05:53:15 PM

what circuit is in there?  :icon_cool:

Jack Orman's Q&D 2 compressor.
It's quite unique.
It uses a single Analog Devices compressor IC.
Being in the search for different circuits, I found it and built it from here;

http://www.muzique.com/ssm2166.htm

Check it out, it's very cool.
Also, there more pics in my layouts gallery in the "Completed Builds" folder including one gut shot.
Thanks again fellas,
   MarkM

StephenGiles

Magnificent stuff indeed!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Burstbucker

Yep, magnifico pedal builds indeed, in a whole other league completely!  Don't go away markm.
8^)

BTW, here's another combination pedal-in-a-frying pan that I built a while back.  Again, it's a Germanium Fuzz on one side and a Rangemaster Treble Booster clone with an OC44 transistor on the other side.

markm

......ya know, the frying pan pedals are Very Cool  8) and a tremendous idea.
Nice job indeed my friend!
BTW guys, I'm not goin' anywhere, you're stuck with this HillBilly!!  ;)

Burstbucker

Thanks Mark, I did get the idea from a fellow named Joe Gagan that used to be a regular on some of these DIY BBS.

Last Christmas I built a version of Aron's Hornet Fuzz for my son.  I got my dad to bend some sheet metal in his shop and I took care of the rest.  Unfortunately I didn't notice how dusty the pedal was when I took these pics, oh well. Anyhoo, here's something completely different................

Thump, thump, thump,thump............."I am Iron Man"!
;^)

Cliff Schecht

Just finished my Mr. EQ build. This is easily the tightest fit I've ever had to deal with. The case and a few components are from an old 70's Realistic CB radio picked up from Goodwill. I must say I love how it came out, especially considering how much work I put into making the chassis.

Burstbucker

Another fine example of doing something really cool with junk from the local goodwill store.  Excellent, nice work!  It almost looks like something that the military would use.
8^)

newbie builder

Things from old antique/junk/surplus stores make some of the coolest enclosures I've ever seen! In los angeles there is a place called C&H Surplus that has amazing gadgets and enclosures and devices that are bizare and amazing. Some great deals to be had and REALLY fun to browse through!
//

QSQCaito

Quote from: Cliff Schecht on July 22, 2006, 09:43:39 PM
Just finished my Mr. EQ build. This is easily the tightest fit I've ever had to deal with. The case and a few components are from an old 70's Realistic CB radio picked up from Goodwill. I must say I love how it came out, especially considering how much work I put into making the chassis.

wooow this is really cool!
nice enclosure..

which bomb are you going to detonate now?? :P

bye bye
DAC
D.A.C

Cliff Schecht

Bwahahaha! The more I look at it, the more I appreciate all of the work I put into it. It's kinda pathetic really, 2 days of work to save $7 dollars is about what it boils down to... but it's the principle! I think this looks so much cooler than anything in a shitty ol' 1590B. :icon_razz:

QSQCaito

All the 1590b are equal, yours is geniune, unique.. more than the money u saved, it's suposed to be ahobby, you have fun doing it, and DIY, not by everything and just solder... lol, sory, no offense to buyers of kits..

No one will ever have one like yours...

haha byebye

DAC
D.A.C

Burstbucker

While we're on the topic of using funky secondhand junk for effects enclosures, here's a Treble Booster pedal that I built for my brother-in-law.  I found a small chrome-plated serving dish divided in two sections.  So I cut it in two and used one side for an enclosure.

Cliff Schecht

I wish my enclosure had that much room to work :-\ The wiring looked so sloppy that I was afraid I was going to be introducing a lot of noise... But it hasn't been a problem.

oldrocker

I went through and looked at all the pictures.  I've only been building stomps for a couple months and I don't know if I should be inspired or throw in the towel.  You people really put some time, effort and imagination into your builds.  I've built over twenty pedals in the short time I've been doing this and I haven't been with this forum very long but you guys put me to shame.  I consentrate so much on the electronics that I tend to neglect the enclosures.  My perfing and wiring looks sloppy compared to what I've seen even though they're functional.  Those of you that are using or making etched boards just blows me away.  I might have to take a few steps back and redo my enclosures.  I've got some ideas now that I skimmed through this thread (flat). I think I need to start taking pride on the outside of the box not just the guts from now on.  Again great job everyone you give this DIY community some integrity for sure.

Cliff Schecht

I like for my pedals to look homemade, I think it gives them a certain charm  ;)

Gilles C

Quote from: Burstbucker on July 22, 2006, 09:42:18 PM
....Last Christmas I built a version of Aron's Hornet Fuzz for my son.  I got my dad to bend some sheet metal in his shop and I took care of the rest.  Unfortunately I didn't notice how dusty the pedal was when I took these pics, oh well. Anyhoo, here's something completely different................

Thump, thump, thump,thump............."I am Iron Man"!....
;^)

I love it. It has a kind of industrial look. Something made for hard work...

Gilles

pi22seven

Quote from: Cliff Schecht on July 23, 2006, 09:39:35 PM
I like for my pedals to look homemade, I think it gives them a certain charm  ;)

Me too, but that's really because I can't make them look really slick!

captntasty

Wow!  There is some incredible ingenuity out there...  Thought I'd jump in and post my stable:

Mostly pedals I've built or modded except for the japanese Boss, DOD gray box 201, Foot System (Maxon) PhaseTone and Deja Vibe - they're just cool!  :icon_wink:

I've never put all my stuff together before - and there's still more at a rehearsal space!

p.s. Has anyone info on the PhaseTone?  It's a Maxon PT900 - it was marketed under a few names - Ibanez, Pax, Greco, Foot System, etc...  I'm trying to put this one back together but have not been able to locate a schematic anywhere.
Thanks for looking..
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: captntasty on July 24, 2006, 01:00:42 PM
p.s. Has anyone info on the PhaseTone?  It's a Maxon PT900 - it was marketed under a few names - Ibanez, Pax, Greco, Foot System, etc...  I'm trying to put this one back together but have not been able to locate a schematic anywhere.
Thanks for looking..

I have the schematic for the PT-909. Maybe is close enough, or even the same unit. Drop me an e-mail if you want it.