News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burstbucker

markm,

Thanks man!  That's a real compliment coming from someone who's posted some of the COOLEST looking pedals I've ever seen, bar none.  You've definately elevated this hobby to a whole new level. 

I just can't believe some of the work some of you guys have done here.  Keep it up and keep posting your pics.
8^)

cactus friend

first post!  first pedal:

here's a bad phone pic of the enclosure (yeah, i was a bit rough with the decal)

here's some thumbnails of me testing the board

http://letsneverdie.net/pic/test3.jpg

http://letsneverdie.net/pic/test1.jpg

Oh, and a sound sample? 
http://letsneverdie.net/aud/tremolotest.mp3

I haven't yet gotten it all stuffed into the box yet...working on the switches/jacks so it's true bypass and cuts off power when you unplug the input...

dano12

Quote from: bean on July 18, 2006, 09:06:37 AM
Ruby:

Ok Bean, that is the coolest Ruby enclosure yet. 10 out of 10.

burnt fingers

Hey cactus freind, what circuit is that tremolo.  It sounds great.

I'm in wobbely effect mode right now so a good trem is going to be necessary to build soon.

Scott
Rock and Roll does not take a vacation!!

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music

christobean

Smokey amp with a speaker from a toy walky-talky.  with gain switch.  i hope to add a switch to switch the caps for use with bass.

bean

Quote from: dano12 on July 19, 2006, 06:07:45 PM

Thanks dano12! It cost $4 at Hobby Lobby.

syndromet

Quote from: bean on July 20, 2006, 01:31:48 AM
Quote from: dano12 on July 19, 2006, 06:07:45 PM

Thanks dano12! It cost $4 at Hobby Lobby.
[/
Quote from: bean on July 20, 2006, 01:31:48 AM

Man, I don't get why everything has to be so much more expensive here. I had to pay 16$ for mine here in norway. and that was pretty cheap.....
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

Dave_B

Quote from: syndromet on July 20, 2006, 01:44:20 AM
Man, I don't get why everything has to be so much more expensive here. I had to pay 16$ for mine here in norway. and that was pretty cheap.....
Maybe Norway has some tariff's in place to keep foreign markets from wiping out your manufacturing?  That sounds more political than I mean it to be.
Help build our Wiki!

cactus friend

burntfingers:

it's originally a design from craig anderton....uses an optoisolater/coupler so it sounds pretty smooth (my idea was to get a trem that would sound like it was a built-in effect in a tube amp) 

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=116

warning: since I think this design was created in the 70s, there's no allowance for true bypass, led indicator, or auto power off....which is what I am adding now.

syndromet

Quote from: Dave_B on July 20, 2006, 11:04:27 AM
Quote from: syndromet on July 20, 2006, 01:44:20 AM
Maybe Norway has some tariff's in place to keep foreign markets from wiping out your manufacturing?  That sounds more political than I mean it to be.

Yes, it's all political. The Norwegian government akes it share of everything, making Norwaythe most expensive country t liviin in the entire world. he government takes taxes and fees on absoloutl everything, making tings realy expensive. A bottle of vodka costs around 5$,  2 pac of ciggaret costs 10$, a piece of verobord costs $ and a lm386N-4 costs 1.8$. Guess thats why we are the richest country in the wold too.. Howerver, students like me don't have to much money (10000$ a year)

So it's all politics.

dano12

Ok, I know its not a stompbox, but I've been working on a 2x10 cab all week. Finally done:

Yeah, a bit non-traditional :)

markm

Very Unique Dano!
Great Job.
I finally finished this one.................

gez

Right, that does it, you're banned Mark.  Nobody makes me feel that inadequate!!!  :icon_razz:
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

syndromet

Dano, How do they sound?
Looks extremly cool!

KORGULL

Quote from: gez on July 21, 2006, 03:11:15 AM
Right, that does it, you're banned Mark.  Nobody makes me feel that inadequate!!!  :icon_razz:
I'll second that motion.

These etched enclosures seem to be the way to go. I just can't seem to get up the gumption to try it at this point. I'm not sure if it would turn out OK using photo paper and ammonium persulphate instead of PnP Blue and ferric chloride. Seems like it could be a big mess if things don't go smoothly.

KORGULL

dano12, that cabinet looks really cool. You could probably get a lot of money selling something unique like that.

newbie builder

Quote from: KORGULL on July 21, 2006, 09:44:56 AM
I'll second that motion.

These etched enclosures seem to be the way to go. I just can't seem to get up the gumption to try it at this point. I'm not sure if it would turn out OK using photo paper and ammonium persulphate instead of PnP Blue and ferric chloride. Seems like it could be a big mess if things don't go smoothly.
And I'll say +3! It's hard to go out and look at my unsanded/unpainted enclosures after seeing MarkM's...
//

xpaladin1313

Shame on you people!  Markm is an artist!  I say keep 'em coming!

Those speaker cabs are beautiful, dano.  Very cool design.

dano12

Quote from: syndromet on July 21, 2006, 03:18:17 AM
Dano, How do they sound?
Looks extremly cool!

I have two Weber 10's in there. Top one is alnico and bottom is ceramic. It sounds really good, but the speakers are brand new so a bit tight. Have to break the in :)

BDuguay

Yeah! What he said! :icon_mad: