News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos - Munky

Wow, you really like the bigger LEDs  :icon_eek:  :icon_evil: :P.

Sweetalk

Seems like a hole-size mistake  ;)

brad

I think they're Cornish style bezels.

Gilles C

Quote from: stumper1 on June 22, 2006, 02:03:14 AM
The technique is rather simple.  Black background w/random "wisps" of candy colors for the flames.  The clear coat really makes it "pop".

It's the same technique I've been playing with to do "Quilted Maple" effects (see "How do they doo that?" thread..)

Deric

I love these boxes.

And I love reading about airbrush techniques...

Gilles

any

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on June 27, 2006, 11:04:53 AM
Wow, you really like the bigger LEDs  :icon_eek:  :icon_evil: :P.

Hehe, those are "industrial strenth" led sockets.
They are watertight with a big bulging lens that lights half the pedal when it's on...  ;D
I thought they went very well with the huge black knob.
It's supposed to sound that way.

Leviathan

Quote from: JimRayden on May 15, 2006, 02:22:32 PM
Quote from: $uperpuma on May 15, 2006, 01:53:35 PM

I complained a lot about this one but the feedback has been good, so I thought I'd post it

I still would punfully say that this looks killer. :D

If you're not too crazy about it yourself, keep the enclosure for later and when you're good enough with electronics (which you might already be, I don't know), build it and you would propably get quite a bid on e-bay. Just needs an evil circuit and evil red knobs on it. Metalheads will be all over you.

-----------
Jimbo

I may be interested in buying that enclosure... PM me

$uperpuma

Quote from: Leviathan on June 28, 2006, 08:21:10 PM
Quote from: JimRayden on May 15, 2006, 02:22:32 PM
Quote from: $uperpuma on May 15, 2006, 01:53:35 PM

I complained a lot about this one but the feedback has been good, so I thought I'd post it

I still would punfully say that this looks killer. :D

If you're not too crazy about it yourself, keep the enclosure for later and when you're good enough with electronics (which you might already be, I don't know), build it and you would propably get quite a bid on e-bay. Just needs an evil circuit and evil red knobs on it. Metalheads will be all over you.

-----------
Jimbo

I may be interested in buying that enclosure... PM me
sent. and thank you.
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

jonathan perez

what i originally had in mind for these would be to create simple mid boost type effects, add an extra ninevolt battery and an spdt switch to turn the whole effect on, all those LEDs included. as far as mid boosting goes in my rig, theres no such thing as OFF (kinda like my girlfriend  ;D )

anyways, valentines day came lurking around, and i needed a gift for all my valentines. i pretty much made these, but with different designs. i made these last month for a couple friends, but since i cant really distinguish the led colors, or resistor values, and i dont have a DMM, i dont have time or patience to complete them. when i do, theyre going on ebay to raise money so i can continue to keep CALMAGAZINE.COM up and running. otherwise im shutting it down at the end of august.

oh, and for those who havent seen the other thread, im color blind.  8)
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

Roobin

Dude, that is a COOL alligator enclosure! And the little people as well!

scotsman

Here's a delay I did for a local player -

Powder coat and screen print were done by Joe at www.kustompowder.net

rhys

Quote from: Pushtone on June 20, 2006, 05:45:20 PM
The paint is kinda cool Krylon Mystic Prism. As close to a metal flake finish as you can get in a spray can.
It has irredecent glitter, but it dosn't show in the photo.

Pushtone--does the Mystic Prism stuff serve as a clear coat too or do you have to clear coat over the Mystic? 

Pushtone

Quote from: rhys on June 30, 2006, 02:25:16 PM

Pushtone--does the Mystic Prism stuff serve as a clear coat too or do you have to clear coat over the Mystic? 

The Krylon Mystic Prism IS a clear coat, but even after baking it was kinda soft. So I roughed it with 000 steel wool and "clear-coated" it again with my favorite Tremclad clear. It's harder now but I got a little bubbling that you can see on the right hand top edge due to my heavy spray hand. Might not have happended if I did thinner coats. 

Krylon recommends the MP be used over dark color base coat but if used as a clear coat over bare aluminum it gives a shimmer effect in bright lite/sun lite but its subtle
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

markm

I've been looking for a clear metalflake.
I didn't know Krylon did one. Years ago Testor's model paint was available in a clear metalflake but, I think they discontinued it.

Here's a pic of a Ross Comp clone I made with for my daughter......she loves smiley faces so hence, Mr. Squeezy......

Pushtone

Quote from: markm on June 30, 2006, 06:34:59 PM
I've been looking for a clear metalflake.
I didn't know Krylon did one.

Flake might be the wrong term. I said "as close as you can get in a spray can"
More like tiny tiny glitter. Red, blue, green and silver points of light. My daughter calls it
fariy dust paint. I used it to clear-coat her chalk drawing on black paper. Needs 7 or 8
coats to get a strong effect.
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

markm

Oh.....
I see, It's a multi-color speckle kinda thing going on.

jimbob

markm- I like how you did that label- how did you bend it in the shape of the smile?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

markm

I used the SureThing decal maker software.
It allows you to manipulate the text into various shapes/angles and styles.

DryRoasted

My Range Master clone.  I added a rotary switch on the left to select input caps, I used 0.0047uf, 0.01uf and 0.1 uf caps a-la Kilbacks Space Ranger and very nice it sounds too!  I orignally bought a few AC187's for this but the boost was very weak so I dug out an OC140 like I used in my other RM and it just took off.

The paint job is a simple two colour fade but it looks kinda cool, much better than the photos show anyway :)

Sticking a tube into a tube screamer to get good sound is about like rubbing yourself all over the weight stacks at the gym to get stronger - R.G.

markm

Quite nice!
The rotary switch is a great idea.
And.....it's inside an EddyStone enclosure......where do you get those?

jimbob

great pic. I ilke to switching between the 3 different input caps. I might try that for a few of my projets where I use a strat w single coils and another with humbuckers. Great color.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"