News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frequencycentral

Very nice build Thomeeque, and such a neat jobe to squeeze it all in that size box too!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

darron

my first psu design. VERY happy with it (:

3 rca outputs give 12VAC, filtered DC and variable regulated DC. the LED is a nice 7 colour that rotates. underside shows a bit of flux i need to clean up. next job will be to laser cut a case for it from acrylic. i'm thinking smoky black....

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Thomeeque

Quote from: frequencycentral on May 25, 2009, 07:48:57 AM
Very nice build Thomeeque, and such a neat jobe to squeeze it all in that size box too!

Thanks, Rick!

It should have been only three pots and one PCB build originally (which would fit there at ease), but the need for some buffers rose lately and I have decided to try few additional features in that case as well and then I have just crossed my fingers, that it will still fit there somehow :) Btw. I had to add one shield inside (not on pictures) to get rid of LFO ticks inducted into in/out jacks, now it seems to be OK.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

azrael

Quote from: Thomeeque on May 25, 2009, 07:42:51 AM
Hi!

It's my "EM1022" (Electric Mistress clone, TDA1022 based)

piccy

Click for more.. :)

T.
Wow! Very nice. I have to say, I'm very intrigued by your build. It's very different from the normal Electric Mistress.

I notice you linked to tonepad...but they only have a schematic up.
Did you design and etch the PCB yourself?

Could you go into more detail about it? What does each of those switches change in the circuit?

niopren

Fuzz factory, BSIABII mod, Fender Blender, Hot Harmonics Mod, EA trem mod.

AnalogPackrat

Here's my humble offering.  It's a slightly modified ROG Omega Boost in a small sloped front enclosure that's been in my junk box for 15-20 years.  This is also my first try at DragonFly's acrylic swirl painting method.  Not great, but not bad.  3mm LED is epoxied into a 1/8" hole.

Mods:
-Reduced output cap to 1uF (film).  This still gave me decent levels down to 50Hz and usable bass to 40Hz.
-Added "Grit" switch to select three different bias points.  0 is 4.5V, 1 is about 5.5V, and 2 is about 6.5V.

One problem I have is that changing the master control puts a DC offset on the output.  That was my motivation for reducing the output cap.  If you turn it slowly it never builds up anything significant, but if you quickly turn it a few volts of offset appears on the offset and takes a few seconds to settle out (dang that 1M resistor).  Otherwise this is a nice pedal--adds a certain sheen even with the range all the way up.  Me like.

I built it on plain perf board (no copper)--also a first for me.  Guts are a bit sloppy.  I fashioned a bracket for the PCB using galvanized sheet metal so I wouldn't have to drill another hole in the chassis.  That's a piece of blue fish paper to insulate the bottom of the board from the switch contacts.

A P

Br4d13y

did you make that enclosure yourself?? and the mounting bracket for the board is awesome ;)
freedom is the freedom to say 2+2=4

AnalogPackrat

I didn't make the enclosure.  It may have been an LMB or BUD box.  The top piece was tan and the side/bottom was brown.  I have another old build in a slightly larger version of the same box.  I built it in ~1990, so I suspect I bought both boxes around the same time.

azrael

I love that enclosure! I always wanted to build a pedal in something weird, but I haven't found anything cool yet.

flo

@Thomeeque: What a nice and quite complicated build with the dual PCB "folded" into the small enclosure! Very cool!

Nitefly182

Twin Channel 386 drive

azrael

^Neat design on top? What's going on there?

andrew_k

Quote from: darron on May 25, 2009, 08:24:43 AM

3 rca outputs give 12VAC, filtered DC and variable regulated DC. the LED is a nice 7 colour that rotates. underside shows a bit of flux i need to clean up. next job will be to laser cut a case for it from acrylic. i'm thinking smoky black....

Nice one! Is this for a bench supply or a product? How much current is available?

richon

Richon - Ricardo
Viña del Mar
Chile
www.richon.cl

Cardboard Tube Samurai

Quote from: andrew_k on May 25, 2009, 08:31:55 PM

Nice one! Is this for a bench supply or a product? How much current is available?

Judging by the panel meter and lack of a shunt, I'd suggest 1 amp

Auke Haarsma

Quote from: azrael on May 25, 2009, 11:56:10 AM
Hi!

piccy

T.
Wow! Very nice. I have to say, I'm very intrigued by your build. It's very different from the normal Electric Mistress.

Could you go into more detail about it? What does each of those switches change in the circuit?

I second that!

Nice pics on your site!

darron

Quote from: Cardboard Tube Samurai on May 26, 2009, 02:47:53 AM
Quote from: andrew_k on May 25, 2009, 08:31:55 PM

Judging by the panel meter and lack of a shunt, I'd suggest 1 amp

it's going to be stricktly bench supply. current draw on the lm317T should be about 1.5A if i put a heat sink on it. today i turned the hookup terminals around since i'll have more room than i thought and took out the 0.058 ohm shunt resistor which i'll make switchable between 100mA to 1A since i don't expect to go past 1A on it. interesting question (:
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

jakehop

Hi Darron,

Great job. However, make sure to heatsink the regulator if you plan on pushing more than 500mA out that way.

Kind regards, Jake

Thomeeque

Quote from: frequencycentral on May 25, 2009, 07:48:57 AM

Quote from: flo on May 25, 2009, 02:13:59 PM
@Thomeeque: What a nice and quite complicated build with the dual PCB "folded" into the small enclosure! Very cool!

Quote from: azrael on May 25, 2009, 11:56:10 AM
Hi!

piccy

T.

Quote from: Auke Haarsma on May 26, 2009, 03:54:07 AM
I second that!

Nice pics on your site!

Thanks guys again for those kind words and for your interest - check this thread for more info about the build :)

Cheers, T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

ocg

...mojo is in your hands....