DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. G.

I just tried running it in a virtual machine running XP pro, and it worked fine.  Not sure why the library content isn't showing up when I run it in Linux. 

bancika

The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Mr. G.

bancika

I wanted to say, try changing current working folder to DIYLC folder prior to running it. I don't know how linux works, but in windows that could be the problem. DIYLC looks into working folder to find library...

rnfr

is there any way to switch the emitter and collectors around on pnp BJT's when using  the schematic symbols?

bancika

asfastasdark

One idea that will solve a very annoying problem. When you're making a layout from scratch, a lot of times you'll have to delete a part here and there and add it in somewhere else. But this causes the component list to go out of order. For example my order of resistors right now is: 1-2-4-5-6-8-7-3. Could you add a button or solve this bug automatically? I don't think it should be so hard to implement.

nordine

hey bacinka, or anyone who knows the how to..

how do i render my layout? ...as with the render option on early DIY LC version,
i can't find that option, i just have the save as a png file, which is useless for doing layouts, because prints all the stuff and i want just the tracks

thanks

sickbend

nordine I'll give this a shot. what I did was goto board properties on the left side under quick tasks toolbar. Left click it it opens another window select pcb under layout type it's the last one then under render image. There is a new blue square icon saying render PnP click that and it opens another window so you can name your file. That's just the traces file for your project scaled to size   

nordine

Quote from: sickbend on October 17, 2008, 06:02:26 PM
nordine I'll give this a shot. what I did was goto board properties on the left side under quick tasks toolbar. Left click it it opens another window select pcb under layout type it's the last one then under render image. There is a new blue square icon saying render PnP click that and it opens another window so you can name your file. That's just the traces file for your project scaled to size   

now i understand your talking about the old one

im running on vista, the java version

tried the old version on Vista using the Compatibiity mode, but, can't use the right click... any ideas on fixing that? ..is it the same for others?

sixstringphil

Couple of things with the most recent version:

Undo is a little finicky. The first undo click always resizes my page to the huge default size.

Also, I still get a blank sheet of paper when I print. (Same as with the old version) Anyone ever find a cause/fix for this?

Thanks for all the work that has gone into this software. I just read all 72 pages of the thread. It's come a long way!!

PurpleStrat

I have some that I am going to have our own John Lyons make in to PCB's but I can't figure out how to get them to scale. Any help?

earthtonesaudio

A couple questions for the Layout experts:

*I'm using a Mac with OSX, and the latest (Java) version of DIY Layout Creator*

1. When I attach two traces, the blue dots at the ends of the lines don't disappear.  For example if I want to make a right angle with copper traces, there's a blue dot where they come together.  How can I make the blue dots go away?
2. Is there a good way to print a PCB layout with a blank white background, rather than the grid background?
3. When I want to add a potentiometer (schematic symbol), it doesn't land where I drag-and-drop it, but way over to the right and towards the bottom of the grid.  Is this a software thing or am I doing something wrong?

Sorry if these have already been answered in this thread (I searched but to no avail).  70-plus pages is a lot to go through...  :icon_eek:

bancika

1) blue dots are there for you to see that you can drag them, they are not exported to image.
2) not sure, but I don't think so but next version will definitely have that feature
3) yeah, it's a bug...sorry :(

bassmasta17

i just want to say thanks for such a great program. i might never make anything again with out it. :icon_biggrin:
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

Electric Warrior

I'm using the Java version on a MacBook. Horizontal scrolling with the touchpad doesn't work. No problems with vertical scrolling.

ianmgull

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before but I can't figure out how to render a PNP image. I'm using 2.0.1 beta on a MacBook Pro. On the old windows version there was a render PNP option but now I can only export the image with components and text on. I'm I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Ian

Sir_Ian

I'm sure this has been asked before...and I tried searching and digging, but I came up with nothing.

I've made a layout for the green ringer, and I uploaded it (about 2 weeks ago). And when I go online I can't find it. Is there something I need to do to get it posted?(besides uploading it). I appreciate the program, and its really cool, and I just thought it would be nice if others could benefit from some of my work. 'tis all.

thanks.
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.