DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Mavronis

I'm new to this software. I have the old Windows version installed, but how does the multi-platform beta version work with those Java files? I have Java installed and running Windows Vista. [EDIT] Never mind, I figured it out!
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

Steve Mavronis

Forgive me if this has already been addressed somewhere in the 76 pages of this thread. Is there any way to update the library toolbox? When I try the update feature I just get an http link error but maybe this isn't functional yet being a beta version. Is there a way to manually add custom objects to the library? Just curious being new to DIYLC.
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

acidblue

Using the multi-platform version on Ubuntu 9

When program starts the library window is blank, no components.
It's just white.

When I try to open a diy file I get "file format not recognized".

bancika

make sure that you have library folder in the working dir.
As for the other thing, you're probably trying to load files from the old version...
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

acidblue

Library folder is in same directory as .jar file.

You mean I can't open older .diy files?

Where can i download an older version of DIY editor
so I can open older diy files.

Steve Mavronis

Steve Mavronis

Bancika,

I just want to express much thanks for your DIY Layout Creator software. I'm really looking forward to your next release with the new features you've previously described!

Besides laying out PCB board trace runs, I really love that the components look fairly realistic and that you can size them. Perfect for illustration uses too.

bancika

acidblue

Thanks for the link steve.
But I'm on  linux box.
I need an older version of the multiplatform one, if there is one.

Kitarist

bancika

the old one is written in delphi, the new one in java (eclipse and net beans)

snarblinge

running the old version sweet as on my Windows Laptop, and the new version on my mac.

having trouble starting the new java one on the laptop.

EDIT: sorted the issue, updated JAVA and it stopped being a Nokia application file. yay

love your work bro...
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

trjones1

I've been using the Layout Creator on my Mac and it works great.  I don't know if this has been covered elsewhere in the thread, but is there a trimpot in the library?  I was looking for it yesterday and couldn't find one.  Maybe something to add to v.3.  Thanks.

phector2004

thanks a million for making this!

it's great for turning a simple schematic into the visual mess of wires that it becomes when you build it in real life, really helps with seeing where everything should go/packing it all into the box!

is it in any way possible for you to add a 9v battery to the components list? :icon_question:

humptydumpty

i dont know if this has been asked yet, but maybe some leds and stereo/mono phone jacks also?  i would also like to change the color of the capacitors

acidblue

Tried running this on 2 different Linux boxes, both Unbuntu, versions 8.10 and the latest one 9.10
Both times the library window is blank and the default blank board
doesn't load.

No error messages, the program loads with both windows blank, the main page
and the library window.

Steve Mavronis

Is there any way to turn the grid display off so I can export the layout without it to make a PCB? In the meantime I'll place a blank board behind my trace layout and color it white to hide the grid.

bancika

I think there's no way to do it, but there will be in the next version.
Cheers

Steve Mavronis

Is printing to PDF broken? I Have the full version of Acrobat Pro and all I get is a blank PDF document.

bancika