DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MmmPedals

Where is the latest version? When i google i only find the old one.

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: bancika on February 19, 2010, 07:53:49 AM
on some systems printing doesn't work, that may be the case :(

I'm running under Vista with latest Java. It prints blank pages to my printer and as a PDF too. So I had to do a screen capture and scale it in a graphics program to match actual size 1/10th pad spacing per inch. But my Dad who is trying to make some printed circuit boards for me says the pad holes are too big. He prefers small holes that act as a centerpunch for more accurate drilling. I'll have to doctor up the hole size for him and try again. Maybe if it did print on my system would the pad hole size change or be the same as from a screen capture?
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

bancika

IIRC you can adjust pad size, just double click on it...not 100% sure though
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Steve Mavronis

Yup you can change the pad size but the hole size never changes. Anyway I do love your program for fast layout designing and illustration. But while I'm waiting for your next version with more features I'm using both a combination of DIYLC creating an actual layout design then manually re-create it in ExpressPCB for further fine tuning to produce the PCB for my current project. I do not use their board manufacturing service though.
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

blooze_man

I would most definitely use it provided it was Mac compatible.
Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

Barcode80

jkokura

Is there a manual or tutorial on how to use this? I just realized there's a cross platform version I can use on my Mac!

I've tried scanning a few of the first and last pages of this thread, but if someone can direct me to the right page faster, I'd appreciate it. Essentially, I'd like to learn how to make schematics, perfboard layouts, and perhaps even PCB layouts for etching. Even better would be to be able to make Layouts that a PCB manufacturer could use to make PCB's for me...

Jacob

Taylor

DIYLC will not make a file you can give to a manufacturer. For that you'll need a real CAD program.

humptydumpty

I am not sure if anyone else has this problem, or if someone else HAD this problem and found a fix, if they did, please let me know.

The only way I can get the library to show under linux is to execute the jar from the terminal, once the terminal is directed to that directory.

I can't java -jar /home/username/diylc_beta/DIYLC.jar  otherwise the library tab is blank.

I had to create aliases to redirect to that directory and then to open the jar, thats the easiest way ive found so far.

Maybe I just need an update though.

mph

Hello

as few people here, I've struggled quite a long time to run it on linux.
I've used the same code as humptydumpty, but in addition I use:

java -jar DIYLC.jar -javaagent:jarpath=lib/

to load the library.
It's working fine like this, but I would like to find a easier way to launch the app (without console if possible).
Otherwise it runs perfect on Mac OSX and Vista.

JimRayden

Have been away for a while and just found the new DIYLC, it is just plainly awesome.

A few urgent matters though. (I have not read this topic lately so I don't know if any of there have already been pointed out)

-"undo" goes way too back and there is no "redo" to be found.
-The Sticky Points feature should "grab" once one lets go of the mouse button, not while moving a point around. It annoyingly does the latter and grabs everything in my path when I try to move a pin. Should be disabled on startup anyway.
-I can't seem to find the PCB image export function.

Other than that, it's prettier and way more comfortable than the old one.

Great job!

PS: Need a new icon instead of the coffe cup? I remember doing the old one but I've been practising some pixel-art since then. Will be happy to lend a helping hand. ;)

----------
Jimbo

humptydumpty

Quote from: mph on April 18, 2010, 07:22:27 AM
Hello

to load the library.
It's working fine like this, but I would like to find a easier way to launch the app (without console if possible).
Otherwise it runs perfect on Mac OSX and Vista.

do you have to use the terminal?

I found it wont load the library unless I cd to that directory, and run it straight from theer

ill try what you said though...and also, mine goes painfully slow

bancika

Hey guys,

I'm working on the new version that fixes annoyances such as drag&drop and undo/redo.
As for the icon, it would be awesome. You could mail them to bancika on gmail.com

Cheers,
Bane
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

phector2004

can you add a 9v battery to the components list too?  ::)

thanks again for the great prog!

neurino

Quote from: mph on April 18, 2010, 07:22:27 AM
Hello

to load the library.

If you're using linux you should know how to make a bash script that simply contains what you hand type in console and give the file execution permissions then simply click on the script icon to launch the app...
Using Linux without learning basics is really a hassle...
http://tldp.org/LDP/Bash-Beginners-Guide/html/

humptydumpty

I create an alias, say startdiylc

but it only works if i direct the terminal to that directory, in gnomes terminal atleast

stringsthings

bancika,

this program is chock full of win !  :icon_mrgreen: ... thanks for all your hard work !

rousejeremy

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

phector2004

i second that! I've been using white boxes with the leads where i think they should be... gotta revise my layout now that i've got the parts

Perrow

Quote from: rousejeremy on May 26, 2010, 11:16:08 PM
It would be nice to have a trimpot included in the program

Quote from: phector2004 on May 27, 2010, 11:23:07 AM
i second that! I've been using white boxes with the leads where i think they should be... gotta revise my layout now that i've got the parts

Try this one for comfort  :)

http://trelje.se/components/

There's currently two components there, a trimpot and a modified trace cut without the "Q" that makes it appear on the BOM (annoyed the hell out of me). If anyone else has made their own component I'd be happy to host them, just PM me or post a link in this thread.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)