News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilles C

I love that retro look... A bit on the Danelectro side, but I always liked their retro look. It would look super in a pedalboard setup.

Very nice job on the the finishing. Killer job.

Gilles

Dragonfly

Quote from: JisforJustin on July 03, 2006, 04:27:41 PM

Did you make these graphics yourself? What did you use to transfer the graphics to the box?

Looks awesome!

Justin

ancient chinese secret....

just kidding....its easy, really....find a glossy magazine (or photo) image you like, cut it to size, use spray adhesive to attach it to the box, and shoot lots of light coats of clear on top...you can make your own images, or use "found" ones....

lessthanmatt88

hey MarkM, what size box is that?

and thats a nice shot of Amy.... ;)

markm

Quote from: jimbob on July 05, 2006, 01:43:14 AM
Markm- that was awsome! What do you do to get such great graphics? Very classy and professional looking.

This one was done with Photoshop and waterslide decals and then clearcoated.
Pretty basic paintjob really.
Quote from: Gilles C on July 05, 2006, 10:55:41 AM
I love that retro look... A bit on the Danelectro side, but I always liked their retro look. It would look super in a pedalboard setup.

Very nice job on the the finishing. Killer job.

Gilles

Thanks,
Just trying to capture an era long gone by.
thanks again!!

Quote from: lessthanmatt88 on July 05, 2006, 11:32:14 PM
hey MarkM, what size box is that?

and thats a nice shot of Amy.... ;)

1590BB taiwanese from Smallbear.
I like Amy.

Look at the BOOST on this one......

;D

StephenGiles

For some reason I can't get this sharp. Still - for those about to freak out with veroboard.............
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

bancika

The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

comfortably_numb

You BUILT a drawmer?  No shit...  We used those extensively at school, they sound great (I have a degree in Recording Industry Production and Technology...yes really).

$uperpuma

;D
My new lunchtime activity... A sammich and some riffs...

Actually I made this Ruby for the test bench as my full size rig is in the bedroom...
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

jonathan perez

^^^^^^^^^^^^

AWESOME!!!!  :D
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

markm

Ingenious idea,
I like it!!!!!!!!!

whythisreason?

This is a newish effect I called "mayhem!" based on a noise 567/thing modulator/dr. who.
I started out with a thing modulator from circuit snippets and borrowed
the tremelo idea from the dr. who circuit. (also a thing modulator based noisemaker)
I also added LDR control for either the frequency or the tremelo speed and
a voltage starvation switch wich makes it an even more unruly noisy fuzz unit!
If interested I'll post a schematic.

It's a tight fit..

The coolest PCB I made so far...

$uperpuma

good to see I'm not the only one who thought of "personalizing" their boards...looks great, man... notice a difference in those two kinds of 3pdt switches?
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

Branimir

My DIY enclosure for the diy russian muff ;)

Some pics before painting:

Umor

Built: Fuzz Face, Small Stone, Trem Lune, Fet Muff, Big Muff (green), Fuxx Face, Son of Screamer, Rat, Rebote 2.5, Opamp Big Muff, EA Tremolo, Easyvibe, Axis Face Si

Cliff Schecht

Why build a Russian clone? Is it one of the "coveted" versions or something?

Branimir

The tonepad layout of the muff is versatile so I could choose to build usa, russian or triangle version.

Since I heard raves 'bout the russian muff on the stonerrock.com forum I decided to build according to the russian muff schem/part layout.

I a/b with the usa reissue one and it does sound louder and more agressive... Wouldn't say it's better (i used BC549c for transistors), and I'll build the triangle and usa muffs too...

My no.1. pedal for now, it knocked my opamp muff off my rig right away ;)

Oh yeah, the new bmp costs excatly 138 Euros in a local store, so 13euros I payed for the parts really makes me feel good, but the thing I'm most proud of is this metal box, I bent it myself, painted too, and hopefully I'll manage to put some labels on it.

ps: I like the box shape, so I used russian box dimensions, just made it a bit smaller (in height only)
Umor

Built: Fuzz Face, Small Stone, Trem Lune, Fet Muff, Big Muff (green), Fuxx Face, Son of Screamer, Rat, Rebote 2.5, Opamp Big Muff, EA Tremolo, Easyvibe, Axis Face Si

Connoisseur of Distortion

how on earth did you only pay 13 euros for parts? the caps alone look like 13 euros...!

notwithstanding the switch, jacks, and other stuff...

i'm just curious, meaning no offence...  ;)

Branimir

the dpdt is 7,63 euro, i had pots at home so they cost me nothing, all the resistors cost me totally 0.8 euros, stereo jack is 0,88 euros, mono jack is 0,63 euros.

The rest of the bill is for the caps, I can't exactly remember the whole amount but I think it's 7,63 euros for the switch and about  6 to 7 euros for the rest of the parts...

I'm in Croatia, so I buy at this local store:
http://www.chipoteka.hr

I'll be buying parts for the small stone today so I'll post the scan of the bill here, if you're interested ;)

The local money valute is Kuna (kn) and you get euros by diving the price by 7,2.

100kn / 7,2= 13,9 euros
Umor

Cliff Schecht

Everything I've built since I ordered a massive quantity of switches has cost me $10 or less. A lot of stuff is free, I have a lot of stuff for building effects. It's a very proud thing for me to use only pedals that I've made.

Seljer

Quote from: Cliff Schecht on July 10, 2006, 05:02:00 AM
Why build a Russian clone? Is it one of the "coveted" versions or something?

it has the least wierd part values (eg: more likely to be available on my desk) compared the the Triangle one or the USA one

I need to paint the enclosure of my one (and find a linear pot for the tone control)