DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

punkin

I must be missing something...I can't seem to find a link to this application that works. Is the link active? Perhaps I've got the wrong URL? :icon_frown:
Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.

.Mike

If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

sodapop

I get "No Active Document" error.  any fix for this?  I am trying the multi-platform version.  Is this the right one if using Vista?

peps1

Stunning little bit of software, I do a lot of stuff on strip-board, and it always difficult to document.....but this program makes it incredibly simple! 

Using the Java multi-platform version 2 on a Mac Book, and works like a charm.

Any plans to add to the libs? 

Barcode80

Quote from: sodapop on September 14, 2009, 10:14:55 AM
I get "No Active Document" error.  any fix for this?  I am trying the multi-platform version.  Is this the right one if using Vista?
right click on the jar and set it to run in compatability mode, or set it to run as admin (don't remember which worked for me). One of those will fix it.

EARNEST

I really liked this software, but it was too slow, so I had to switch to Eagle :(
Dean Razorback V255 w/EMG 81/85 @18V -> Bugera 6262-212
---
DIY projects:
TS clone, in progress http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=78871.0

Hupla

This software really is great. :) A few more components though like connectors would be cool too.
Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

jessej

I would like to say thank you for this wonderful piece of software!

Electric Warrior

Quote from: bancika on November 11, 2008, 12:13:06 PM
1) blue dots are there for you to see that you can drag them, they are not exported to image.
2) not sure, but I don't think so but next version will definitely have that feature

1. They do appear in the exported image.
2. Just put white blank board underneath the traces

bancika

Hi folks,

I had some time to start working on the new version with completely new engine that should provide more functionality and run smoother than the previous version...
I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Bane
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Hupla

Quote from: bancika on November 09, 2009, 10:26:44 AM
Hi folks,

I had some time to start working on the new version with completely new engine that should provide more functionality and run smoother than the previous version...
I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Bane

I dunno if its a common thing but whenever I tried to test connectivity a jumper was created. just to keep in mind.
Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

bancika

Just as a heads up - the new version is going rather well. These are some of the changes from the previous version:

• Better component API
  • Better code architecture
  • Component box is now a toolbar rather than floating window, I found it annoying
  • Dragging control points will be less annoying, e.g. they won't stick together while dragging, only when dropping
  • Being able to make some component properties default, e.g. I want my eyelets to be sized 5mm rather than 3mm when I create them
  • Cute little thumbnail scroller (like in corel draw) that pops up in the corner of the screen and lets you scroll around very easily.
  • Being able to zoom in and out
  • Export to PDF
  • Hopefully faster
  • Better support for layers - being able to lock one or more layers for editing or hide them all together.
  • Save app configuration to a file and restore it next time

cheers,
Bane

~arph

bancika

tnx mate.
I forgot these:

• Being able to edit multiple components at the same time. All properties that are common for them can be edited at the same time.
  • Online layout library integrated into the application

alparent

Question about the current version.

Is it normal for it to be SUPER SLOW?

Anything I do takes an eternity to refresh!

Any ideas?

Thanks

roseblood11

Hi,

it would be really great if the new version had an option to print the layout! That would include the possibility to scale it to the correct size (and to save it with selectable size/dpi setting...) For those of us who use the toner transfer method to etch their pcbs it would be good to have an option to print more than one copy of the layout on one page (close together, to iron the complete print-out to the pcb).

wish list for new components:

-Small trace cut between two holes of the vero-board !!!
-inline sockets with variable number of pins (http://uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/images/SPL20.jpg)
-round transistor sockets ("TO-5"?)(http://www.musikding.de/images/product_images/popup_images/3sockel.jpg), because many people use them for germanium transistors
-and for the mojo freaks: TO-99 IC sockets (http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/images/G17063B.jpg) - the µA741 that is used in some famous old pedals (DOD-250, MXR Dist+, Microamp...) was also sold in this mojo metalcase. I really like to use them because they just look cool...

arch0r

Quote from: alparent on December 19, 2009, 10:37:15 AM
Question about the current version.

Is it normal for it to be SUPER SLOW?

Anything I do takes an eternity to refresh!

Any ideas?

Thanks

same here. i'm running the multiplatform version via java under linux and it's painfully slow. but i'm looking forward to it, when more stable and faster releases will appear :)

alparent

Just installed the new multi-platform beta version...............much faster!  But I get a "File format not recognized" error when I try to open layouts created with the windows only version.

bancika

yeah, they aren't back-compatible...for the new version I'm working on I plan to do that...