News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QSQCaito

Loved the video of the noise generator.

Those etchs are cool too. Now DIY StompBoxes is becoming an art in all of its forms.. enclosures, pcb, etc- i only make ugly pedals.. but at least they sound good :p

Bye

PS 100 page with this post?
D.A.C

JimRayden

Ladies and gentelmen, we just hit one hundred pages. :icon_exclaim:

---------
Jimbo

Papa_lazerous

Does this mean we all get a prize?

JimRayden

No, it means we all have to work harder and put out cameras to work because we've got 566 more pages to go. :icon_twisted:

Ahh I can be such a metalhead sometimes.

---------
Jimbo

disto

is this the biggest topic on DIYstompboxes? now we know why Aron has had to change ISP so much due to excessive bandwidth!

Quote from: choklitlove on February 26, 2007, 10:48:57 PM
also i thought you guys might be interested in the board.  it's very thin (cuts easily with scissors) clear, and cheap.  from here: http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G15697

seems like it could be interesting and would be handy not having to get a saw out everytime scissors means less effort  ;D.

the noise maker seems alot like a light theremin type effect, its interesting

dano12

latest version of the FKR rat pedal:

Auke Haarsma

I love this thread! Very very nice looks Dano!

Seljer

How does the loop work?

JimRayden

Ahh perfect as always. I'd really like to see the guts of the FKR. There are so many box-mount objects that it must be all wires in there. Must be lots of heat shrink and cable ties.

Sheesh, all those switches make that BB look like a DD. :D

---------
Jimbo

$uperpuma

I think that IS a DD..
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

JimRayden

Proportion of jacks give it the BB-ness.

---------
Jimbo

MartyMart

BB sideways :D
Beautiful design Dano  !!!
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

$uperpuma

we're all wrong.. 1790NS... I just remembered an email I got from Dano...
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

Quackzed

we should do an enclosure competition... not to say that a is 'better' than b or whatever but so that some of you 'enclosure' artists can get some cred! like they be doin ovah on that other thread thing...
btw, that vox amp etched box one is too cool! :icon_cool: :icon_cool:
  too cool for competition!
          word
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

dano12

Quote from: $uperpuma on February 27, 2007, 07:40:13 PM
we're all wrong.. 1790NS... I just remembered an email I got from Dano...

Right you are. The first few batches were built in 1590BBs. Loads of non-fun trying to shoehorn that. Current batch is 1790NS which leaves lots of room to stretch out.

Loop on a distortion pedal? Yeah, that's what I said. Until my friend James (who got me into the whole DIY thing a year and half ago) told me about his distortion loop--put a simple loop in a pedal and dedicate a cheap EQ like a Fish and Chips to the pedal. The EQ's buffered bypass and crappy construction becomes irrelevant since the true-bypass is handled on the main pedal. It gets fun when you stick more distortion pedals in the loop. This weekend I put three FKRs in series in the loop of another FKR. Silly, but fun. Of course I could get the same effect by stacking the pedals, but again, the loop allows me to dedicate EQ or some other distortion-friendly box to the FKR.

I'm also toying with the idea of interjecting a send receive loop into non-obvious places. Maybe it would be cool to have the loop hacked directly into the opamp's feedback loop? Or replace the two RC pairs to ground with a loop. The possibilities are interesting.

PCB-mounted 3PDT, clipping switches and LEDS where a big challenge in terms of the PCB design and drilling template. But they allow me to crank the things out much faster although I doubt I will ever actually fulfill the waiting list.

If anyone is interested, I'll post PCB layouts, the schematic, drill template and wiring diagram on my site--this is a somewhat challenging build but the results are very gratifying. My favorite distortion pedal ever.

Finally, 100 pages of Pictures! This thread is both an inspiration and a challenge to do better, stranger, and more questionable stuff.

ADR

Dano, yer a man of taste!

I had a look at yer trashcan cab on yer website, and spied an orange gretsch 6120 along side it!

Kudos!

heyniceguy

so dano, where should we look for the layout? here? your website?

dano12

dano12

Quote from: heyniceguy on February 28, 2007, 08:03:08 AM
so dano, where should we look for the layout? here? your website?

Yep, I'll try and get the layout and some rough build notes on the site this weekend.

Izzy

Hey thats a really great Idea of soldering 3PDT switch to the board!
I think I should try that.

But one question.
Does not that cause mechanical jerk to the board and the components in the board, every time you switch the pedal ON and OFF?

Eventually it might reach a stage where the component's solder gets weaker and weaker and fall of ??

Just Curious.

And which PCB layout software did you use?