SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebunny

Quote from: deadastronaut on March 29, 2020, 08:45:45 AM
i look good.... 8) :icon_mrgreen:

Are you sure?  You look red.  You got a temperature?   ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

my orbit took me too near the sun... :icon_redface:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bluebunny

Quote from: deadastronaut on March 29, 2020, 11:09:26 AM
my orbit took me too near the sun... :icon_redface:

(There's gotta be a corona joke in there somewhere...  ???)
  • SUPPORTER

garcho

"In space, no one can hear you cough..."

The new sci-fi thriller from John Carpenter: Covid-19
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

bluebunny

Quote from: garcho on March 30, 2020, 04:20:35 PM

If you were to release a film called "Covid-19", then there would be a whole bunch of hard-of-thinking folk who would be puzzled by why they'd completely missed "Covid", "Covid-2", "Covid-3", ...    :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER

EBK

Quote from: bluebunny on March 30, 2020, 05:31:18 PM

If you were to release a film called "Covid-19", then there would be a whole bunch of hard-of-thinking folk who would be puzzled by why they'd completely missed "Covid", "Covid-2", "Covid-3", ...    :icon_biggrin:
You mean, like "Leonard Part 6"?  :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

bluebunny

Quote from: EBK on March 30, 2020, 06:18:16 PM
You mean, like "Leonard Part 6"?  :icon_eek:

I was thinking specifically "The Madness of King George", which was intended to be "The Madness of George III".  There are doubtless others.
  • SUPPORTER

ElectricDruid

Quote from: bluebunny on March 30, 2020, 05:31:18 PM

I've heard several people call it Corvid-17, which made me wonder what the other 16 crows thought was going on. Oh well!

T.

rankot

I though I've already shot the interior, but I didn't, and now it's too complicated to pull all this out :( But I like this pedal, works great on bass.

More info on this pedal here: https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=121695.0
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

Marcos - Munky

Nice build, Ranko! I've been interested in this circuit for a while, but didn't got to build it.

What does the 3rd pot and the diode switch do?

rankot

I've added JFET gain stage in front of it, therefore GAIN pot. Filter pot alters the sound (a little, but noticeable). Switches are on/off/on, so one can choose diode BAT43/1N4148/LED or filter cap 1n/4n3/11n.
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

rankot

After a few 1590A pedals in last two days, now something completely different :)
Another one from isolation days:

And I really LOVE this one! Soooo thick and dense!
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

rankot

Hey, guys, am I the only one here building something???

Fencepost noise gate. I built it like stock version at first, but then noticed that I really don't understand what that "Expander" mode does, so I decided to remove that switch and use it only as a gate, but added another pot for decay control, or TAIL, since it's placed under kangaroo's tail :) I found this really beautiful aboriginal artwork somewhere on the net.

Knobs suck, but I don't have better at the moment.

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

bluebunny

Quote from: rankot on April 06, 2020, 08:12:12 AM

Yes!   ;D   Nice builds, Ranko.

I have four builds on the go that I've just been painting/decorating/clearcoating.  I should be in a position over Easter to complete some of them.  So expect some pictures from me too!
  • SUPPORTER

rankot

I know you're all busy, just wanted to make a joke - I started this Fencepost some two years ago, made a PCB very quickly, populated and tested, but then forgot about it because I really hate making boxes  >:( Few months ago I decided to overcome my laziness, so I made a spreadsheet with all the empty boxes I have and all the pedals that I have built that are working, then decided which one goes where and started to design faceplates. But I had too much regular job, so I couldn't have enough time for that, and this pandemic gave me some time. Now, I finished some seven pedals in a few days (567 bass filter, GE fuzz, EQD Bellows, Fencepost, Gravity Wave Chorus, Peach Fuzz and Phat Phuk), and I could finish more, but I'm out of ink-jet decal papers :( Maybe I will try UV printing for the rest - it's great, but those guys who do it in my town are incredibly slow, I waited for three weeks to have few pedals printed last time I used their service... Just imagine.

I have one Rat ready to be boxed, as well as one Shin-Ei FY-2, Bazz Fuss / Bronx Cheer combo and Soda Maiser, all for 1590B, and one Electra distortion which I want to put into 1590A. Hopefully I will finish all of them till weekend.

I have also built Univox Uni-Comp, but I'm having some trouble with that, posted into appropriate thread, but still no answers.  :(
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

vigilante397

I have eight that I finished recently, but apparently I can't be bothered to take pictures of them :P The quarantine has been pretty good for me!
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

garcho

QuoteHey, guys, am I the only one here building something???

Taking pictures, trying to get them to look good, uploading, making the post, etc., sometimes it's fun, sometimes I don't care. I've made a few devices so far, quarantine has been good for building. Can't really get myself to play though, not really in the mood to explore my feelings right now, would rather bury them in unemotional tedium, like board layouts and coding MIDI clocks...
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

akc1973

Quote from: rankot on April 06, 2020, 08:12:12 AM

Fencepost noise gate. I built it like stock version at first, but then noticed that I really don't understand what that "Expander" mode does, so I decided to remove that switch and use it only as a gate, but added another pot for decay control, or TAIL, since it's placed under kangaroo's tail :) I found this really beautiful aboriginal artwork somewhere on the net.

Knobs suck, but I don't have better at the moment.

Love the indigenous art you've used. Beautiful
Builds: Bazz Fuss, Orange Squeezer, Omega, Green Ringer, Dist+, X-Fuzz

vigilante397

Alright, took a couple pictures. Every year or so I decide to re-finish my entire pedalboard. The Octopus is a new build that I added to the board recently, all the others have been there for a while and just got a new paint job. Everything is powdercoated and laser engraved.

Octopus - FV-1 multi-FX with eight patches

Ambassador - Matchless Hotbox clone with 6N21B instead of 12AX7

Echosaurus - FV-1 multi-head delay like the Binson Echorec

Triceratops - FV-1 multi-FX with three patches

Finishing Touches - Always-on Belton reverb with a switchable LPB-1 boost. Thus named because it's the last pedal in my chain.

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

rankot

Quote from: vigilante397 on April 07, 2020, 02:40:07 PM
Alright, took a couple pictures. Every year or so I decide to re-finish my entire pedalboard. The Octopus is a new build that I added to the board recently, all the others have been there for a while and just got a new paint job. Everything is powdercoated and laser engraved.

Really beautiful, Nathan! How do you paint those enclosures? Looks like some kind of metallic paint?
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!